Developed as a social enterprise, St Gabriel’s hydrotherapy pool was opened in 2009.
The hydrotherapy pool is located on St Gabriel’s campus in Dooradoyle and was initially to be used by children with disabilities availing of our services.
It is now used by the wider community across the Mid-West region, opening in the evenings and weekends.
061 302 733 – extension 4
How we differ to a regular hotel/public pools
Our pool at St. Gabriel’s is maintained at 33ºC. Warm water pools help muscles to relax and can assist with pain relief in muscle and joints, helping also with muscle tone problems such as tight or weak muscles.
The therapeutic properties of water help to improve balance, coordination, strength and flexibility.
Massage jets in the pool can assist in pain relief in chronic/acute conditions such as back pain and arthritis.
Ceiling hoists are provided in the changing rooms and a pool hoist provides access into the pool, enabling the pool to be fully accessible for wheelchair users and individuals with compromised mobility.
Contact the pool at email@example.com or phone 061-302733 ext 4 for booking details.
As a result of Covid-19 we have introduced a new online booking app, details of which can be found here.
We are delighted to announce that have reintroduced regular hydrotherapy pool sessions to our clients.
Use of the facilities must now be arranged by pre-booking a session via our new booking app/web portal.
Please take a moment to review our Covid-19 guidelines prior to attending your session.
Upon arrival to the facility for a first session, all clients will be asked to complete a short screening form. A contact tracing form will be required to be completed on all visits.
How to set up your online booking account:
You can also register you account via the website by following this link:
You can also download the Glofox app by:
• Go to the app store on your phone/tablet/device (Android system- Play Store, Apple device- Apple Store) and search for the Glofox app
• Install app to your device
• Once installed click into the app and search for ‘hydro’. Then click St. Gabriel’s Hydrotherapy pool in the Glofox search engine
• Click to Sign-up, add your personal details and agree with the waiver to progress to the next stage.
We are adhering to HSE, Swim Ireland and Active Ireland guidelines to ensure a safe environment for our clients and staff.
To ensure that we protect your health and wellbeing, we kindly ask that you adhere to the following guidelines upon your visit to St. Gabriel’s Hydrotherapy pool:
- All swims must be pre-booked & paid for using our Glofox booking App
- Please come ‘swim ready’
- Bring minimal items/belongings with you
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the session beginning
- On entry & exit to the building, please sanitize your hands
- We advise that you wear a face covering on entry/exit to the building and in the changing area, where/when possible
- Upon arrival you will be asked to fill out a health screening form (first visit) and a contact tracing form (all visits)
- Staff will direct you to your designated changing area
- Sanitizer and wipes are provided in the changing area to use at your convenience
- We ask that you do not bring additional family guests as we have limited capacity to provide a safe environment for all. Only those booked into the session via the app will have access to the pool. We are unable to provide a viewing/waiting area at this time.
- If you are bringing an extra person with you for additional assistance, please inform us prior to the session.
- All clients are asked to shower prior to entry to the pool.
- Upon exit we ask that you only use the showers to rinse. Please change as quickly as possible and follow all regulations as set out by the HSE and St. Gabriel’s.
- We appreciate your continued co-operation